WORCESTER YOUTH PRESS PROJECT
Tuesdays from 6:30 – 8:00pm
October 8th through December 17th (10 classes)
$65 per student (includes all supplies and instruction)
For students age 11years to 17 years
We are so very excited to be offering the Worcester Youth Press Project for the very first time this fall! What is the WYPP? It’s a 10 week class for students in grades 5 – 12 that focuses on the skills and creative arts that go into publishing various independent print and online media projects.
Students involved in the Level 1 class this fall will:
• receive explicit instruction in various forms of written expression
• explore a wide variety of independent print and online media projects
• create original artwork using studio materials and online
• conduct interviews with local artists, athletes, musicians, journalists, filmmakers, and entrepreneurs, other community members
• learn to use various programs in order to publish an independent project both online and in print
• plan and host a project release party and presentation
Students, this is an amazing way to learn how to get your creative voices, thoughts, and views out into the community using language, art, and technology.
Parents and teachers, this is an amazing way for your kids and students to receive explicit instruction and guidance practice in oral and written expression, organization, critical thinking, executive functions, and creative and journalistic arts.